EXTERNAL VACANCY NOTICE
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Tirana, Albania is looking for qualified and highly motivated candidates interested to apply for the following position:
Title of Position: Snr. Programme Assistant, G5
Duty Station: Tirana, Albania
Type of contract: Temporary Assignment GS5 (General Service)
Duration: 5 months
Application Deadline: July 23rd, 2018, 17:30 CET
- ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT. Define the role of the position within the team, describing its leadership role, if any, it’s external/internal work relationships or contacts, the contextual environment in which it operates and the scope of supervision received, and where applicable, exercised by the incumbent.
The incumbent normally receives guidance from more senior programme staff in the operation. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country programme(s). UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Senior Programme Assistant.
The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements.
- FUNCTIONAL STATEMENT. Describe the accountabilities, responsibilities and authorities associated with the position.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
– UNHCR country office has sufficient administrative assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme Section thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
– IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
– Collects, registers and maintains information on project activities.
– Prepare status and progress reports, prepare tables and draft routine correspondence.
– Prepare background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions.
– Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
– Review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures. This may include field visits for specific monitoring and evaluation issues.
– Apply UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
– Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
– Perform other duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
– Provide inputs for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as prepare inputs for funding submissions, appeals and reports.
– Access the relevant information and programme records, Focus/ MSRP data.
– Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
3. REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, which illustrate behaviours that are essential to achieving deliverables described above, and that are critical to successful performance. All jobs require the staff to abide to the Values and Core competencies of UNHCR. Where applicable, select a maximum of six Managerial and list up to six functional competencies. Select a maximum of three Cross-Functional Competencies. (Note that the Performance Appraisal and Management System (PAMS) allows for up to five Cross-Functional Competencies to be selected by the staff member and the supervisor.
– Managing resources
-Planning and Organizing
- ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
– Completion of Secondary education courses/ training/ certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, International Law or related field.
– Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
– Computer skills (in MS office).
– Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES. Describe any experience or knowledge that would be an asset, such as: UNHCR Learning Programmes, other training, additional languages, Field/HQs experience, etc.
– Good knowledge of financial rules, procedures and processes.
– Knowledge of specific program management including budgeting
– Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities.
– Interested candidates should read the Terms of Reference carefully and apply if suitably qualified.
– Candidates are required to submit signed Motivation Letter and UNHCR P11 form.
– UNHCR P11 form and Supplement form are available: www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc (open Hyperlink). Please note that any previous versions of the P11 will no longer be considered.
– Applications of father, mother, son, daughter, or siblings of a staff member of UNHCR cannot be considered;
– Applications will not be acknowledged. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for the written test and the interview;
– Applicants with working experience in International Organizations, preferably United Nations, are highly encouraged to apply;
– For any query please contact: [email protected]
Interested candidates should submit their applications (Completed UNHCR Personal History (P.11) form, P11 Supplement form and Motivation Letter) electronically by e-mail to: [email protected] or in the sealed envelope addressed to: UNHCR Albania, Skenderbej Str., Gurten Building, 2nd floor, Tirana, Albania referring to the Vacancy Notice reference UNHCR: ALB/TIR/18/GS/01.
Deadline for submitting applications is 23rd July 2018, 17:30 CET. Late or incomplete applications received without the above specified documents will not be considered.