Consulting Services (Energy Sector – Transmission Networks)
International Public Bidding (with Pre-qualification)
Tender No.: 12302
Submission Deadline: Monday, 14th August 2017 (15:00 local time in Germany)
Prequalification: Invitation for Expression of Interest
Reference: International open tender for Consulting Services for the Project “Transmission System Development and Investment Plan, Albania”
Project Executing Agency (PEA): Operatori i Sistemit te Transmetimit (OST sh.a.) – Transmission System Operator (OST sh.a.) for the Albanian transmission system
Financing: KfW Development Bank
Project measures: The project called comprises the following main tasks:
– Data collection, site investigation and assessment of status and performance of the present transmission system. Reporting about the status of the current transmission system;
– Albanian intern load forecast for the horizon year 2022, 2027 and 2032 and forecast of expected transit capacities for the same horizon years;
– Assessment of adequacy of generation capacities from in particular renewable energy sources with focus on available small hydro, wind and solar power potential. Comparison with energy demand high winter and low summer seasons and recommendations;
– Updating of the transmission system model from OST and SECI and performance of static and dynamic networks analysis of the present network and proposed future network configurations;
– Elaboration of a network development strategy according to ENTSO-E guidelines covering renovation and extension and elaboration of an investment plan for proposed projects as well as scheduling and ranking of proposed projects;
– Transmission tariff study for support to OST for application for transmission tariffs to the regulator to allow financing of network developments;
– Support to OST for improvement of network operation procedures, regarding production scheduling including wind farms and development of contingency scenarios and related response procedures. Adequacy study, if the network control and operation is in line with ENTSO-E requirements;
– Preparation of pre-feasibility studies for the three highest ranking projects including: Design parameters and design, cost estimate, financial and economic evaluation, abbreviated ESIA based on scoping level and abbreviated Resettlement Action Plan activities;
– Reporting to OST and KfW.
Requested Consulting Services:
The objective of the Consultant’s assignment is to prepare, on behalf of OST, a Transmission Network Development and Investment Plan for the Electricity Transmission Sector in Albania. The Consultant shall assess and review the condition of the existing transmission system and to identify actual and future bottlenecks in the Albanian Transmission System. Based on load forecasts to be elaborated for 5, 10 and 15 year horizons, network reinforcement, extension and restructuring scenarios shall be proposed to cope with the expected demands to the transmission system. Focus shall be on improvement of reliability, fulfilment of the n-1 criterion and reduction of network losses. Because of the sometimes low loads at the 400 kV network, it is operated out of the allowed ranges and the Consultant shall define operation constrains and propose mitigation measures in view of required compensation measures which may result in strategic placement of e.g. reactors and capacitors for keeping of proper voltage profiles. A methodology for modernisation of the transmission system shall be elaborated consisting of a series of identified projects. The projects shall be ranked and pre-feasibility studies shall be carried out for the three (3) highest ranking and closest projects or project packages. A part of the project will be assessment of OST system operation practice and existing remote control facilities as substation control, SCADA and telecommunication facilities and an adequacy study in terms of compliance with ENTSO-E requirements.
The duration of the Consultant’s assignment for implementation of the Study and the three Pre-Feasibility Studies is estimated to 14 months.
The start of the project will be according today’s time schedule during first quarter 2018.
The prequalification for consulting services will be guided by the latest version of the “Guidelines for Assignment of Consultants in Financial Co-operation with Partner Countries” (please refer to the homepage of KfW Development Bank (www.kfw-entwicklungsbank.de). It is foreseen to assign the services to an independent consultant firm with proven experience in assessment of high voltage transmission systems up to 400 kV, application of ENTSO-E rules and regulations for network operation, load forecast, transmission system planning and prefeasibility studies including ESIA. The average annual turnover of the consultant shall exceed EUR 2.5 million in the last 3 years. A consortium or joint venture needs to show an average annual turnover of EUR 2.5 million in the last three years, whereas the lead consultant shall show an average annual turnover of EUR 1.7 million in the last 3 years.
Further information will be made available upon written request by the Tender Agent (TA). For any request or correspondence with the TA the responsible person of the PEA should be taken in cc.
Tender Agent: Michael Sulzer
82319 Starnberg / Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 8151 556 5116 (for courier submission reference only)
E-Mail: [email protected]
PEA: Operatori i Sistemit te Transmetimit (OST sh.a.)
Autostrada Tiranë – Durrës Km 9, Yrshek, Tiranë, Albania
Attn. Mrs. Aurora Vasili
Head of PIU (Project Implementation Unit)
email: [email protected]