VACANCY: Finance Manager
Location: Tirana, Albania
Employment Type: 12 months with possibility of extension
Starting Date of Assignment: September 2017
Application deadline: 25 August 2017
“LevizAlbania” (LA) is an initiative funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and implemented by three Albanian organizations, Open Society Foundation for Albania (OSFA), Partners Albania and Co-Plan for the period 2015-2019. LevizAlbania is an innovative project designed to have a catalytic effect on local democracy in Albania. It will enhance local democracy by cultivating a locally rooted, demand-driven and influential civil society at sub-national level across the country.
Under general supervision of the Executive Director, the Finance Manager (FM) will be responsible for the organizational financial systems, financial reporting and related coordination, grants administration and monitoring, financial management and technical assistance to grantees. It is also responsible for general financial, budgetary, and financial planning support to the organization.
Responsibilities/Duties (Summary of key functions)
- Responsible for developing procedures, record-keeping, data input, bookkeeping, general ledger, financial statements and all phases of financial management needed to comply with Albanian and donor legal requirements;
- Responsible for cash flow analysis and daily cash needs; accounts payable, banking transactions, check writing, and reconciliation of bank statements;
- Prepare annual project budget; Keeps track of all financial documents for grants and periodically prepares related financial reports;
- Monitor use/implementation of grant funds/budget; Prepare and track grant disbursements and grant financial reporting;
- Prepare contracts for grantees, consultants /experts or other processes (procurement);
- Assess grantees financial management capability and provide technical assistance and training as required to ensure the grantee is capable of meeting regulations for financial management, accounting, and financial reporting;
- Prepare regular and periodical financial reports for the project.
- Provide Executive Director with timely information and reports consolidating and projecting income and expenses;
- Provide Executive Director with ad hoc financial reports, analysis, and forecasting needed for strategic planning.
- Carries out any other duty, as assigned by the Executive Director.
Required Skills and Experience
- University degree in Economic/Finance;
- Preferable advanced post university studies.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Financial Management;
- Work experience in projects/programs financial management for other organizations;
- Knowledge of national financial rules;
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment;
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Excellent PC user skills: Excel, word processing, spreadsheets, databases and web-based research.
- Full working knowledge of English, including excellent report and writing skills.
The application should include a cover letter and the CV in English. Other supporting documents are welcomed. The application should arrive not later than 25 August 2017 via email to: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
LevizAlbania is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested groups without any discrimination!